STATE OF INDIANA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 18-1-B-PI
LAND APPLICATION PERMIT ISSUED – RENEWAL
CITY OF COLUMBUS, 123 Washington Street, Columbus, Indiana, Permit No. IN LA 000828. This permit renewal will allow the permittee to land apply waste water treatment biosolids at agronomic rates to farmland located in Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson, Johnson and Jennings Counties. The biosolids from this facility meet high quality criteria established by state and federal regulations, qualifying it for a “nonsite-specific” land application permit. The biosolids will be land applied on qualifying farmland in the designated county or counties upon receipt of permission of the landowner. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) recognize and encourage the beneficial use of waste water biosolids through such practices as land application. The permit controls the quality of the biosolids to be applied as well as the yearly and cumulative amount of biosolids that can be land applied to a site. For more specific information concerning the permit, contact Mr. Randall Duckworth at (812) 477-8684 or by e-mail at email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the permit process, contact Kelsey Bonhivert, the environmental manager assigned to this permit, by dialing (317) 232-0077 or by e-mail at KBonhive@idem.IN.gov. This permit is written in accordance with Indiana Administrative Code 327 IAC 6.1.
If you wish to challenge this decision, IC 13-15-6-1 and IC 4-21.5-3-7 require that you file a Petition for Administrative Review. If you seek to have the effectiveness of the permit stayed during the Administrative Review, you must also file a Petition for Stay. The Petition(s) must be submitted to the Office of Environmental Adjudication (OEA) at the following address within 15 days of the date of newspaper publication of this Notice:
Office of Environmental Adjudication, Indiana Government Center North, Room N103, 100 North Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204
The Petition(s) must include facts demonstrating that you are either the applicant, a person aggrieved or adversely affected by the decision, or otherwise entitled to review by law. Identifying the permit, decision, or other order for which you seek review by permit number, name of the applicant, location, or date of this notice will expedite review of the petition. Additionally, IC 13-15-6-2 and 315 IAC 1-3-2 require that your Petition include:
- the name and address of the person making the request;
- the interest of the person making the request;
- identification of any persons represented by the person making the request;
- the reasons, with particularity, for the request;
- the issues, with particularity, for the request;
- identification of the permit terms and conditions which, in the judgment of the person making the request, would be appropriate in the case in question to satisfy the requirements of the law governing permits of the type granted or denied by the Commissioner’s action; and
- a copy of the pertinent portions of the permit, decision, or other order for which you seek review, at a minimum, the portion of the Commissioner’s action that identifies the person to whom the action is directed and the identification number of the action.
Pursuant to IC 4-21.5-3-1(f), any document serving as a petition for review or review and stay must be filed with the OEA. Filing of such a document is complete on the earliest of the following dates:
- the date on which the petition is delivered to the OEA;
- the date of the postmark on the envelope containing the petition, if the petition is mailed by United States mail; or
- the date on which the petition is deposited with a private carrier, as shown by a receipt issued by the carrier, if the petition is sent by private carrier.
Pursuant to IC 4-21.5-3-17, the OEA will provide you with notice of any pre-hearing conferences, preliminary hearings, hearings, stays, or orders disposing of the review of this decision if you submit a written request to the OEA at the above address. If you do not provide a written request to the OEA, you will no longer be notified of any proceedings pertaining to this decision.
Public records for this facility are available in IDEM’s Virtual File Cabinet (VFC) at http://vfc.idem.in.gov/. Documents related to this facility’s land application permit can be found by selecting the “Full Text Search” field and entering this facility’s permit number, 000828. You may narrow the search to permit related documents by selecting “OLQ Permit” as the Document Type. A copy of the final permit is also on file with the local health department and is available for public review. Please bring the foregoing to the attention of persons whom you know would be interested in this matter.
32018106 1/24, 2018 hspaxlp 18-15