The Brown County Schools Board of Trustees approved the following Nov. 2:
- A $4,555.71 donation from Toyota to make Sprunica Elementary School accessible to people in wheelchairs. School board member Steve Miller Jr., who uses a wheelchair and works at Toyota, made the grant happen on behalf of a Sprunica student. That student can now open the door to the school by herself, said Superintendent Laura Hammack.
- The reappointment of Brian Galm as one of two school district representatives to the Brown County Public Library Board.
- The separation of Jessie Spurgeon as Sprunica intense intervention paraprofessional, effective Dec. 21.
- The appointment of Kristi Billings as Brown County High School dance team coach, $993 stipend, effective immediately. She is a replacement for Sindy Woolems.
- The appointment of Dustin Robinson as BCHS assistant cheer coach, $620,50 stipend, effective immediately.
- The appointment of Kelly McPheeters as Brown County Junior High School paraprofessional, full-time with benefits, $10.50 per hour, effective Nov. 3. She is a replacement for Sue Thompson.
- The appointment of Brad Lee Williamson as Brown County Intermediate School sixth-grade boys basketball coach, $1,023 stipend, effective Nov. 27. He is a replacement for Ryan Oliver.
- Out-of-state field trips for the BCIS sixth-graders to go to Kentucky Kingdom’s Education in Motion Day on May 18 in Louisville; and the BCJHS History of Sports class to go to the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory in Louisville on March 6.
- An overnight field trip for the the BCHS student council to attend the Indiana Association of Student Councils State Convention and volunteer at Riley Nov. 3-5 in Indianapolis.