LEGAL ADVERTISEMENT FOR REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL/STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
BROWN COUNTY, INDIANA
In order to assure compliance with the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) and related requirements regarding competitive negotiation of planning services, Brown County is seeking Statements of Qualifications for the provision of planning technical assistance relating to an economic development plan.
MINIMUM TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Title page
- Table of contents
- Clear easily readable maps, photographs, charts and tables sufficient to illustrate the critical elements of the planning document
- Clear concise readable text with a minimum of professional jargon
- Sources clearly indicated in tables and/or by footnote in text
ELEMENTS OF THE PLAN
Below is an outline of elements that should be included in the final plan. Prior studies have been completed and will need to be reviewed. Recommendations may include elements of previous plans.
- Who commissioned the plan
- Events that led to the planning process
- Purpose of the plan
- Scope of the plan
- Process used in developing the plan
- Background of the community
o Population analysis
o Community setting
o Trends and projections
o Economic issues and factors
- EVALUATION OF EXISTING CONDITIONS
- Economic Base Assessment
- Analysis of the economic base and its positioning within the region including:
o Businesses within the community
o Local trade sector
o Local retail, commercial and governmental services
o Industrial base of local economy
- Community Assets Assessments
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the community/communities and how they impact the economic situation
o Community capacity and infrastructure
o Comparative advantage
o Community values and vision trade-off assessment
o Labor force, education and training
- Economic Opportunities Assessment
- Analysis of the industrial clusters, supply chain factors, labor force and skills base, and overall strengths and weaknesses to assess the advantages for attracting certain industries
o Business growth and formation potential
o Land use constraints and opportunities
- Development Opportunities Assessment
- Analysis of existing assets and recommendations to sustain and improve long term viability of these assets
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT VISION AND STRATEGIES
- Guides the creation and evaluation of economic strategies
o Vision for the local economy
o Economic development goals and objectives
o Economic development strategies
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
- Discussion of predominant ideas, guiding principles and general recommendations of the following:
o Economic diversity
o Business development potential
o Redevelopment and revitalization
o Labor force, education and training
o Regulatory processes
o Urban growth area
o Resource areas and critical areas
o Compliance with comprehensive plan elements
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ACTION PLAN
- Present specific action plan to implement the Economic Development Strategy
o Community infrastructure
o Business assistance
o Business retention, expansion, formation, and recruitment
o Process and regulation
o Communication, marketing and promotion
o Management, monitoring and accounting
o Financing and incentives
o Timeframes and mechanisms for evaluation, monitoring and updating the plan
- Appropriate supporting documentation
Type of Contract
Brown County will execute a cost reimbursement type of contract for these services that is contingent on the final commitment of planning grant funding. All services will be stated on the cost reimbursement basis (hourly rate and maximum hours fixed). The awarded contract will have a not to exceed = clause that will limit the allowable fees charged in connection with these services through close out.
Prospective offerors should note the successful proposer must meet the following terms and conditions:
- 24 CFR Part 85 .36
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Conflict of Interest (24 CFR Part 570).
- Access to records.
- Executive Order 11246 – Equal employment Opportunity
- Executive Order 12138 – Women Business Enterprise Policy.
- Architectural Barrier Act of 1968.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- Section 3 clause – Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.
- Section 504-Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Retention and Custodial Requirements (24 CFR Part 85.42).
- Executive Order 11063
- Affirmative Action Program / Plan.
- Davis Bacon and Related Acts.
The Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs has a 10% MBE/WBE goal for all projects funded with Community Development Block Grant Funds.
Rate of Proposals/Qualifications
The proposal must include sufficient information regarding qualifications and determine that the proposer is qualified and experienced in economic development plan projects. Do not include a proposed fee with the proposal, as this is a qualification based selection process. The proposal should include the following:
- A description of expertise, experience and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
- A list of similar projects previously completed.
- A list of references.
- Resumes of professional staff members that will work on this project.
- Name of person to be in charge of project.
- Description of scope of services as per Description of Services Needed
7.A project time line.
The proposal shall also provide the following information: name, title, address and telephone number of individuals with authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contracted during the period of proposal evaluation.
Award of Contract
Proposal Evaluation criteria shall include:
- Specialized experience or technical expertise of the organization and its personnel in connection with the scope of services to be provided and complexity of the project. (30 points)
- Past record of performance on contracts, including quality of work, timelines and cost control. (30 points)
- Capacity of the organization to perform the work within time limitations, taking into consideration the current planned workload of the firm. (20 points)
- Familiarity of the organization with this type of project or problems applicable to the project. (20 points)
* For a total of 100 points possible.
If you are interested in providing the required services, please note that five (5) copies of the Statement of Qualification/Proposal of each prospective organization must be received by Mike Kleinpeter, Grant Administrator, 627 West Street, Whiteland, Indiana 46184 no later than 5:00 p.m. local time on December 1, 2017. Each statement of Qualification/Proposal will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria. If necessary, interviews will be scheduled with the firms.
The County may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offers. The County reserves the right to reject any and/or all proposals. The County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The shortlisting and interview process is scheduled to be completed no later than December 12, 2017. The contract is tentatively scheduled to be awarded by the County on February 1, 2018. Offerors who desire additional information, a site visit, or clarification regarding the Statement of Qualification/Proposal should contact Mike Kleinpeter between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm local time at (812) 525-7080.
32002769 11/1, 2017 hspaxlp 17-203