BILLINGS, Mont. — Authorities have identified the Montana woman who was killed in a house fire on Tuesday.

The Gazette reports that the Billings Fire Department identified the victim as 55-year-old Teresa Fischer. She died from carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.

Fire officials say the fire was accidental, caused by a gas-fueled hot water heater.

Police Sgt. Riley Finnegan says no foul play is suspected.

Family members contacted police for a welfare check after Fischer didn’t show up to a lunch date with friends.

Fischer and three cats were then found dead inside the house.


Information from: The Billings Gazette, http://www.billingsgazette.com

SHARE
Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.