Two of the seven bridge projects on State Road 135 in Brown, Morgan and Jackson counties are complete, the Indiana Department of Transportation says.
Here’s the latest schedule of work:
- State Road 135 South at Spurgeon’s Corner (the junction of 135, Becks Grove and Bob Allen roads) was to reopen July 13 after a culvert was replaced.
- State Road 135 South over Hamilton Creek west of Christianburg Road will close on or after Tuesday, July 18 for 60 days while the bridge is being worked on.
- State Road 135 North is still closed near Railroad Road while crews refurbish bridges at Little Beanblossom Creek and a branch of Moser Creek. INDOT officials anticipate that this closure will be lifted in about 30 days.
- Once the Bean Blossom area of State Road 135 North reopens, INDOT will close it in Morgan County, 1.26 miles south of State Road 252, to repair and replace the bridge deck over Bear Creek. The estimate is that it will close for 45 days.
- A date hasn’t been set yet for when a nearby box culvert carrying a branch of Bear Creek will be replaced south of Morgantown at Farm Road. Work there will require a 30-day closure. Farm Road’s junction with State Road 135 will be relocated just south of the culvert site, INDOT reported.
- A State Road 135 box culvert carrying the south fork of Salt Creek, south of 500 North near Freetown, has been placed. The highway reopened to traffic in June.