Road projects this week are planned as follows, weather-permitting:
- Nineveh Road from the conservancy to Beech Tree Road will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 27 and Wednesday, June 28 to put in a new water line, said Cordry Sweetwater Conservancy District’s Josh Hawley.
- Milestone Contractors will be paving Peoga Road from Bean Blossom Road to the Johnson County line Tuesday, June 27 and Wednesday, June 28, said Brown County Highway Superintendent Mike Magner. The road will be closed to through traffic during work hours.
- A bridge on State Road 135 South over Hamilton Creek in the Story area was to close Monday, June 26 for up to 60 days, Magner told the county commissioners. The work site will be between the highway junctions with Hamilton Creek and Christianburg roads, so Hamilton Creek will be usable as a detour, he said. State Road 135 South is still closed at Spurgeon’s Corner (the intersection of 135 South, Bob Allen Road and Becks Grove Road), he said.
- After finishing Oak Grove, paving crews planned to move to Carmel Ridge Road, possibly this week, Magner said.
- Magner said the state work crew that’s redoing two bridges on State Road 135 North in the Bean Blossom area is about finished with the northern one and will be moving to the southern one. The highway will stay closed, but people living between the two bridges will need to come in on the north side instead of the south side, he said. The projection for opening State Road 135 North to traffic is still early August, he said.