It’s going to be an extremely busy weekend in Brown County. Here’s a rundown of the major events so you can decide to join in or avoid driving in those areas.
- The six-day adults-only Bikerfest started Tuesday and ends Sunday, Sept. 11 at Bill Monroe Memorial Music Park.
- The Bean Blossom Farmers Market will take place at St. David’s Episcopal Church from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday.
- The Eagle Classic, a major cross country invitational meet involving dozens of schools, will take place at Brown County Schools’ Eagle Park on State Road 46 East near the Brown County State Park entrance Saturday. Races start around 9 a.m., but participants may start arriving much earlier.
- Nature Daze will take place at Camp Rancho Framasa on Clay Lick Road from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
- The Village Art Walk is from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday in downtown Nashville.
- Artists will paint outside in downtown Nashville Sunday until 2 p.m. as part of Brown County Art Colony Weekend events.
- The Great Outdoor Art Contest will take place from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at T.C. Steele State Historic Site.
- The Hoosier Hops & Harvest beer festival is scheduled from 1 to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Story Inn on State Road 135 South.
See more details on these and other events at our Community Calendar and Something To Do calendar.
There’s also an IU vs. Ball State football game in Bloomington Saturday with kickoff at 4 p.m. Drivers are being told to avoid construction on State Road 37 and come in from the east or west, which could take them through Nashville.