REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS TOWN OF NASHVILLE
Nashville, Indiana, requests proposals for the provision of grant administration technical assistance services appropriate to the implementation of a grant from the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs grant program using federal Community Development Block Grant funds allocated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This program is funded by the Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended.
Description of Services Needed
Services should include; environmental review; financial records management; labor standards; project reporting and close-out for a water systems improvements project funded by both CDBG and USDA Rural Development.
Type of Contract
Nashville will execute a fixed price type of contract for these services that is contingent on the final commitment of grant funding.
Prospective offerors should note the successful proposer must meet the following terms and conditions:
- 24 CFR Part 85.36.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Conflict of Interest (24 CFR Part 570).
- Access to records.
- Executive Order 11246 – Equal Employment Opportunity
- Executive Order 12138 – Women Business Enterprise Policy.
- Architectural Barrier Act of 1968.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- Section 3 Clause – Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.
- Section 504 – Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Retention and Custodial Requirements (24 CFR Part 85.42).
- Executive Order 11063.
- Affirmative Action Program / Plan.
- Davis Bacon and Related Acts.
The Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs has a 10% MBE/WBE goal for all projects funded with Community Development Block Grant funds.
Rate of Proposals/Qualifications
The proposal must include sufficient information regarding qualifications and determine that the grant administrator is qualified and experienced. The proposal should include the following:
- A description of expertise, experience and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
- A list of similar projects previously completed.
- Resumes of professional staff members that will work on this project.
- Name of person to be in charge of project.
- Description of scope of services as per Description of Services Needed and proposed prices as per Type of Contract.
The proposal shall also provide the following information:
Name, title, address and telephone number of individuals with authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of proposal evaluation.
Award of Contract
Proposal Evaluation criteria shall include:
- Specialized experience or technical expertise of the organization and its personnel in connection with the scope of services to be provided and complexity of the project. (30 pts)
- Past record of performance on contracts, including quality of work, timeliness and cost control. (20 pts)
- Capacity of the organization to perform the work within time limitations, taking into consideration the current planned workload of the firm. (15 pts)
- Familiarity of the organization with this type of project or problems applicable to the project. (25 pts)
- Fees. (10pts)
If you are interested in providing the required services, proposals must be received by the Office of the Clerk Treasurer, P.O. Box 446, Nashville, Indiana 47448 by the 12:00 pm (noon) on April 15, 2016. Proposals received after this time will be returned unopened. Each Proposal will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria. The proposal must be submitted in writing in a sealed envelope labeled “Administration Proposal”.
Nashville may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offers. The Town reserves the right to reject any and/or all proposals. The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The contract is tentatively scheduled to be awarded by the Town in April 2016. Offerors may desire additional information, a site visit, or clarification regarding the project. If so, please contact the Town Hall at 812-988-5526 during regular business hours.
Charles King, Town Council President
31877083 3/30, 2016 hspaxlp 16-89