School board approves personnel changes
The Brown County School Board of Trustees approved the following March 17 board meeting:
- The retirement of Superintendent David Shaffer, effective June 30
- The separation of Sprunica Elementary School Title 1 paraprofessional Holly Baer, effective March 10. This was not a termination.
- The separation of school bus monitor William Beasley, effective immediately. This was not a termination.
- The appointment of Sprunica preschool paraprofessional Susan Hoskins, part-time, four days per week, $8.66 per hour, beginning March 28. She is a replacement for Nikki Griggs.
- The appointment of Helmsburg Elementary School after-school care provider Hannah Patterson, part-time, Monday through Friday, $8.65 per hour, beginning March 28. She is a replacement for Ethan Best.
- The transfer of Lacee Robinson, Brown County High School assistant cheer coach, to head cheer coach, for the 2016-2017 school year. She is a replacement for Sarah Axton.