At the Feb. 4 and Feb. 18 Brown County School Board of Trustees meetings, members approved the following:
- A revised 2016-2017 school calendar. The original was one day short of the 180-day state requirement. April 17 will now be listed as a day students must be in school instead of as a snow make-up day.
- The retirement notices of Alice Mannix and Peggy Thompson effective at the end of the school year.
- Establishing a food service administrative assistant job. It will be posted and filled at a later date. This person will help the food service director with daily tasks and long-term projects and will be paid for out of the food service budget.
- Extending contracts by one year for the following administrators: Assistant Superintendent Dennis Goldberg, Brown County High School Principal Shane Killinger, Brown County Junior High Principal Brian Garman, Brown County Intermediate School Principal Trent Austin, Sprunica Elementary School Principal Abbie Oliver, Helmsburg Elementary School Principal Kelli Bruner, Van Buren Elementary School Principal Christy Wrightsman, high school Assistant Principal Angie Evans, junior high Assistant Principal Gavin Steele, intermediate school Assistant Principal Greg Pagnard, Director of Student Learning Debbie Harman and Director of Student Services Alan Kosinski.
- The separation of Helmsburg after-school care provider Ethan Best, effective immediately. This was not a termination.
- The separation of high school varsity girls soccer assistant coach Hannah Newlin, effective immediately. This was not a termination.